Directory- help now
Directory for Mental Health
enlighten have put together a directory for mental health resources to help you find the right support and assistance. if you would like to ad your organisation to the EAP directory please contact us to be considered.
The most essential function of a successful EAP is its ability to provide confidential support services, on demand. Anytime when they are needed and free of charge to employees. In essence, EAPs act as a gateway to a wide range of services and support functions. The use of an EAP service by an employee is voluntary and the vast majority of employees who use EAP services do so through self-referrals. Alongside this self-referral group an EAP must also be able to accept referrals from other organisational parties, including union representatives, HR professionals and line managers. The mechanism for how these referrals are managed should be discussed with your EAP provider at the contracting and implementation stage of your EAP and should always take into account your policies, measures to accommodate data protection, and employee confidentiality.
Support services can offer will generally consist of a blend of the following:
- Short-term psychological services, such as counselling.
- Money advice and debt management.
- Child and elder care information services.
- Legal information and guidance.
- Information on emotional, work-life and workplace issues.
- Assessment, support, short-term counselling and referral for employee issues.
- Management referrals and support.
- Management of all ongoing cases
- Utilisation reporting.
- Management information on employee and organisational interventions, including consultation to management on behavioural aspects of the workplace.
- An EAP website with interactive content and information.