EAP mental health
As society and the media begin to understand more about mental health and the affect anxiety and depression can have for individuals’ everyday lives, there is pressure for employers to support employees with tools to deal with stressful working lives. This coupled with the increased demands of eldercare and childcare, uncertainty with the UK’s changing European status and increased terrorist activity in the UK for many individuals’ day to day life is stressful and can lead to mental health issues. Male suicide rates continue to be significantly higher than the female population Samaritans Report . An EAP is a package of support and advice for employers to support employees. Below is the feedback from employees who have sought support from an EAP.
- I have been very happy with the help I have received from Claire. She has been very supportive and put me completely at my ease. I really appreciated being able to access this service through my company.
- I feel more in control of my life than I have for years.
- The issue I came for assistance with was personal and not work related yet in dealing with it my emotions at work have improved so much. This sis a great service which also makes me feel valued by my employer. Thank you.
- These sessions were excellent – I would recommend this service as it has helped me more than I thought possible. In what seemed a very short period of time, Dani dramatically improved my state of mind. At the end I felt quietly jubilant.
- Saving me from time off work was not of paramount concern initially; however with continual support and insight into coping strategies I have re-discovered that I am the capable, confident individual I once thought I was.
- It is difficult to quantify how many days have been saved from taking days off work as the service received was as good as to wade above that feeling.
- The most difficult part was actually accepting I would benefit from the service. Once the call was made and the first session attended it became easier. I am very glad I took advantage of this service.
- Very helpful and advisers showed initiative, suggesting other sources of information which may be helpful, and offering a call back if there were any further queries. Excellent, well done!
- My counsellor was absolutely brilliant, I feel like I’ve regained a lot of my self-esteem and confidence already. She gave me the tools to manage my lack of self-esteem so I can use them in the future. Very, very helpful, thank you.
- The response was very prompt and as informative. I think that there is a strong business case for my employer keeping this available as the pressure caused by this issue may have otherwise impaired my effectiveness during the working day.
At enlighten we are proud of the service we offer our clients below is some feedback we have received.
“Thank you for all your support with this – I really couldn’t have asked for more from you. The leaflets were particularly helpful in explaining how an EAP scheme worked & the benefits.” FCIPD, HR Manager. National Charity
enlighten offer a great service! They made setting up an EAP extremely easy and cost effect. We are a small business that have used them for a number of years and would recommend them to anyone. We always receive regular usage reports and bulletins, without being bombarded. I am also impressed with the renewal process, where they will email me within plenty of time and check our employee numbers and any changes we’d like to the service we receive before looking for the best deal for us. An excellent service with extremely helpful staff! HR Director