Enlighten (registered number: 4639746) is a consultancy advising business and organisations on the purchase of Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP’s) and other employee wellbeing products. Enlighten is committed to fulfilling our responsibilities under EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act of 1998.
Our data protection register number is Z7758538 and the full register can be found at https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/what-we-do/register-of-data-controllers/
Enlighten is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or to provide a quote then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Enlighten may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
This policy is effective from 01-12-17.
Enlighten only captures personal information that you choose to provide when completing a web form or emailing enlighten enquiring about our services. We do not capture information of individuals visiting our website. Enlighten will not share personal data with any other organisations.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- we will request your consent to hold this data
- you have the right to request deletion of this information at any time
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To put in place the services you require including contract and invoicing
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, exclusive offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to provide consent for us to hold your information.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not share your personal information with any other organisations or sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Enlighten, Sherwood House, 104 High Street, Crowthorne, RG45 7AX.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when enlighten, (“us”/“we”) collect information about you or your actions whilst on our website, https://www.enlighten.co.uk (the “Website”).
The terms of this privacy notice will apply to all information collected about:
- visitors to our Website;
- people who use our online services, such as those subscribing to our mailing lists; and
- visitors to our Website who complete an enquiry form/contact application/request we act upon any information or request provided to us;
Visiting Our Website and Using Your Data
When someone visits our Website, we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. This information is collected anonymously and will not directly identify you.
Where analytical data is collected following your visit to our Website, the data will be used to:
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- allow you to participate in the interactive features on our Website, where applicable.
- notify you about changes to our services.
In the event that we require you to provide personal data, such as when you complete our enquiry form(s), this information will only be used to contact you in relation to the services you have requested or such other services that, in view of the information you provide to us, we feel may be of benefit to you. Any personal data will be held securely on our servers within the European Economic Area and we promise never to sell your data.
In any event, all handling or processing of any data, personal or anonymous, will be in strict compliance with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”).
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently. Whilst we have sought to keep the number of cookies to a minimum, there are several cookies we which have elected to use when you visit the Website.
Should you elect, whether through your browser settings or other method we may choose to make available through the Website, not to receive cookies, the functionality of the Website and the services provided through the Website may be limited or ineffective.
The table below explains the cookies we wish to use on the Website and why they are collected:
|These cookies are used to monitor how visitors use our Website. The anonymous information collected will help us improve the experience of using our Website for visitors through the collation of web traffic patterns, user preferences as well as information on how you came to find our Website.|
Third Party Cookies
Personal Cookie Settings
Your browser settings will allow you to manually control your personal cookie settings and further information can be found in the ‘Help’ section of your chosen web browser.
To find out more about cookies, including details of cookies that have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Complaints or Queries
We strive to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
Disclosure of Personal Information
In almost all circumstances we will not disclose personal data without your consent. However, when a complaint is investigated, for example, it may be necessary to share personal information with the particular organisation or governing bodies concerned. Further information is available upon request about the factors we shall consider when deciding whether information should be disclosed.
Further examples of when disclosure may be required include:
- where you have elected to utilise the interactive services and/or third party portals we offer through our Website, disclosure may be required in order to obtain the necessary licences and consents; or
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the GDPR.
How to Contact Us
Top Floor Sherwood House, 104 High Street, Crowthorne, Berkshire, RG45 7AX