A management ill health referral is an independent occupational health assessment. This simple referral process gives a focus for all parties on resolving the absentee problem and looking forward. Our preferred suppliers provide human resources and line managers with a good report of an employee’s medical and emotional wellbeing so that you are equipped to make a business decision. The occupational reporting can be for a range of health reasons such as:
- Long-term absence
- Returning to work after agreed long-term absence [e.g. operation]
- Repeatedly absent for short periods
- Underperforming at work and an underlying medical condition may be suspected
- Recovering from an injury/accident
- Job role and Equality Act requirements
The occasional sick day is generally unavoidable but long-term or higher than normal levels of short-term absence pose a much greater cost threat to your organisation. Enlighten works with our preferred suppliers to offer a range of services that can dramatically reduce the level of sickness, absence and the associated cost. The outcome is to speed the return to work and improve individual performance. As a result, our assistance could also help increase the productivity of your workforce.
- Returning employees back to work as quickly as possible
- Enhance rehabilitation thus improving attendance and performance
- Confidentiality essentially benefits both employer and employee, particularly when sensitive personal and medical issues are at the core of an absence problem.
Request A Quote.
You probably need to convince yourself (and your Finance Director) of the benefits of health screening. No matter what their position, each employee plays a valuable part in the on-going success of your organisation. It makes good commercial sense to protect each individual and the organisation as a whole, by helping to ensure that, wherever possible, the workforce remain healthy and fit to perform at maximum efficiency.
No organisation would neglect to maintain its investment in property, machinery or vehicles. It makes just as much sense to maintain an equally valuable asset – its workforce.
People are not always aware when their bodies are not performing as they should. Minor ailments, left unchecked, may develop and so prevent employees performing at their best. This is where health screening is so valuable.
When your staff are healthy, the business benefits. Your employee’s well-being and morale is improved and your company’s reputation as a caring employer is enhanced. Absenteeism and long-term sickness decline and you have good reason to seek lower health insurance premiums.
Potential Organisational Benefits of Health Screening
- Reduction in health related claims
- Reduction in employee turnover
- Increase in productivity
- Improved morale and loyalty amongst employees
- Encourages top candidates to apply for employment
- Enhances company image as a progressive, caring employer.
Employee Benefits of Health Screening
- Reassurance that their employer is committed to a long term investment in them
- An added benefit of their employment
- Advice on how to reduce risk factors by changes in behaviour
- Opportunity to discuss any concerns with a clinical professional
- Identifying potential risk factors before disease is present and/or progresses.
- The nurse practitioners have a flexible approach to working hours and will meet the requirement of your business.
The nurse practitioners have a flexible approach to working hours and will meet the requirement of your business. It would be helpful to have a consulting room/office made available on site.
Now that we’ve convinced you of the benefits of health screening, find out about the screens we offer on 0845 206 2020.
Your employees may be exposed to certain substances and work processes which may pose a risk to their health. Where reasonably practicable measures should be taken to control and minimise these risks i.e. training and risk management.
Health Surveillance Medicals should be carried out as required on an individually agreed timescale in conjunction with legislation; we are able to advise you accordingly.
Health risks include:
- Manual handling
- Display screen equipment
- Repetitive tasks
- Chemical or biological substances
We offer suppliers with a mobile screening unit providing a time saving cost effective service to clients. Attending the workplace reduces the need for employees to leave the workplace to undertake mandatory health screening. Contact us to discuss ways in which this mobile screening facility can help and support your organisation.
Occupational Health advice on risk assessments is available for the following:
- Young persons
- Night workers
- New and expectant mothers
- Those with identified disabilities
- Overseas travellers
Call us to talk through your needs.